- Unpack your printer.
- Follow the setup instructions to remove packaging.
- Plug in the power cord, turn on the printer and install print cartridges. Allow the printer to go through its startup routine, including printing an alignment page (if applicable).
- Choose one of the connection methods described below. If your printer supports it and you choose an installing the printer software. Note: while using an Ethernet connection the printer's wireless system is disabled. (wired) connection, connect it now and skip to
If you want to print wirelessly without a here., learn about it
Your printer will support at least one of these methods to connect to your
The Wireless Setup Wizard, which you run from the printer's control panel. (Not available for printers without a touch display)
- Make sure you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
- On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.Note: Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon, depending on the product model.
- Select your wireless network's name from the list.
- If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
- Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.